Senior Proposal Writer – CHOC Children's Foundation
Orange County, CA
Can you tell our story? We are seeking a strong professional writer with recent experience in the healthcare industry who is passionate about advancing the health and well-being of children. The Senior Proposal Writer will create persuasive major gift proposals, write speeches, talking points, event and video scripts, and develop stewardship reports to engage donors at the level of $1 million or more. You will also assist in the development of campaign communications materials in a variety of media, working in close collaboration with the development team, physicians and key stakeholders. We are looking for a person who thrives in a health care, hospital or medical research environment and has been successful in fundraising.
• Serve as the chief storyteller for the Foundation, creating materials that inspire investment in the future of CHOC Children’s
• Write persuasive proposals, business plans and stewardship reports mostly to private individuals, possibly to corporations or family foundations, requesting commitments in excess of $1,000,000
• Adapt messaging to different audiences and employ appropriate media or communications channels
• Translate medical information into materials understandable to a lay audience.
• Project manage the production of proposals, business plans and stewardship reports from inception, through writing and design, editing and production
• Effectively manage multiple projects and meet demanding deadlines
• Produce materials in a variety of media, working in close collaboration with the development team, physicians and key stakeholders
• Contribute significantly to the campaign goal by supporting the solicitation of principal gifts in excess of $1,000,000
Reports directly to the Associate Vice President Principal Gifts & Campaign.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five or more years in a professional setting
• Recent experience in a hospital, health care or medical research setting
• Track record of success in fundraising
• Superior communication skills
• Familiarity with visual storytelling
• Excellent proofreading skills
• Ability to communicate expert scientific/medical knowledge in lay terms
• Highest integrity and a sense of personal/professional ethics
• A passion for children's healthcare
• Background in biological science desirable
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Includes benefits package.
Since 1964, CHOC Children’s Foundation has been steadfastly committed to providing the highest quality medical care to children. Affiliated with the University of California, Irvine, our regional pediatric healthcare network includes a state-of-the-art 316-bed main hospital facility in the City of Orange, and a hospital-within-a-hospital in Mission Viejo. CHOC also offers many primary and specialty care clinics, more than 100 additional programs and services, a pediatric residency program, and four centers of excellence – The CHOC Children’s Heart, Neuroscience, Orthopedic and Hyundai Cancer Institutes.
To nurture, advance and protect the health and well-being of children. That’s why at CHOC Children’s Hospital in Orange and CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital, we are dedicated to working cooperatively—assisting and enriching existing services as well as developing programs to benefit the families of Orange County. Over two million children across four counties count on CHOC to be here when they need us most—regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
CHOC is the first hospital devoted exclusively to caring for children in Orange County. Since opening its doors, CHOC has led the way in many areas of pediatric health care.
For more information about CHOC Children’s Foundation: www.choc.org
Send cover letter and résumé to (electronic résumés preferred):
NETZEL GRIGSBY ASSOCIATES, INC.
Attention Yvette Herrera
6167 Bristol Parkway, Suite 125
Culver City, CA 90230