Senior Major Gifts Officer – CHOC Children's Foundation
Orange County, CA
Do you have a gift for developing and nurturing relationships that eventually lead to donations of support for your organization? We are seeking a seasoned Major Gifts Officer with recent experience in the health care industry who is passionate about advancing the health and well-being of children. The Senior Major Gifts Officer will identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors capable of giving gifts of $50,000 or more. He or she will manage a portfolio of 100 + prospects and achieve an annual fundraising goal of $3M+ (within a three-year timeframe.) We are looking for a person who is comfortable and experienced working in a health care, hospital or medical research environment and who has had a track record of fundraising success.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major, leadership and transformational level gifts to achieve an annual fundraising goal of $3M+
• Manage a portfolio of 100+ prospects/donors using a comprehensive moves management model
• Develop and implement appropriate, personalized, cultivation and solicitation strategies that match donor’s interests but are also in-line with organizational objectives
• Partner with board members, physicians and other hospital and volunteer leaders to identify, educate, solicit and steward donors. Solicit estate and planned gifts in partnership with the Assistant Vice President and the planned giving team
• Implement and manage volunteer committees and ensure the successful recruitment of the highest level of community leaders
• Plan and execute major gift events and receptions
• Develop written proposals, presentation and Case for Support documents. Develop and execute personalized, meaningful and timely stewardship and activities
Reports directly to the Assistant Vice President, Individual Giving
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five or more years of successful fundraising at the major gifts level
• Two or more years in a hospital, healthcare or medical research setting
• Superior time-management and organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Confident self-starter who can call on and engage high net worth prospects
• Ability to work well with volunteers and volunteer-lead support groups
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to communicate expert scientific/medical information in lay terms
• Highest integrity and a sense of personal/professional ethics
• A passion for children's healthcare
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Includes benefits package plus bonus opportunity.
Since 1964, CHOC Children’s has been steadfastly committed to providing the highest quality medical care to children. Affiliated with the University of California, Irvine, our regional pediatric healthcare network includes a state-of-the-art 316-bed main hospital facility in the City of Orange, and a hospital-within-a-hospital in Mission Viejo. CHOC also offers many primary and specialty care clinics, more than 100 additional programs and services, a pediatric residency program, and four centers of excellence – The CHOC Children’s Heart, Neuroscience, Orthopedic and Hyundai Cancer Institutes.
To nurture, advance and protect the health and well-being of children. That’s why at CHOC Children’s Hospital in Orange and CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital, we are dedicated to working cooperatively—assisting and enriching existing services as well as developing programs to benefit the families of Orange County. Over two million children across four counties count on CHOC to be here when they need us most—regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
CHOC is the first hospital devoted exclusively to caring for children in Orange County. Since opening its doors, CHOC has led the way in many areas of pediatric health care.
For more information about CHOC Children’s Foundation: www.choc.org
Send cover letter and résumé to (electronic résumés preferred);
NETZEL GRIGSBY ASSOCIATES, INC.
Attention Yvette Herrera
6167 Bristol Parkway, Suite 125, Culver City, CA 90230