Assoc. Dir., Fdn Relations & Institutional Init. – CHOC Children's Foundation
Orange County, CA
Are you a strong writer and an excellent project manager with keen attention to detail who has been successful in securing private and government grant funding? We are looking for the right person to lead the grants program of CHOC Children’s Foundation. The Associate Director, Foundation Relations & Institutional Initiatives will develop and maintain a robust portfolio of corporate and private foundation prospects; supervise the Assistant Director, Grants Development; implement strategies for effective solicitation and campaign support; and assist with public sector engagement to secure government funding. As a member of the team, he or she will support the overall proposal strategy, fundraising and project management of CHOC Children’s Foundation.
• Advance a robust portfolio of corporate and private foundation prospects
• Meet personal and departmental annual and long-term financial goals
• Work with hospital leaders and staff to develop responsive, competitive proposals
• Manage multiple demands, schedules, and deadlines in order to respond to funding opportunities while continuing to meet reporting requirements
• Work independently as well as in collaboration with others
• Handle sensitive and confidential matters with absolute discretion
• Contribute to development of new ideas and initiatives that advance CHOC’s mission
Reports directly to the Senior Director of Foundation Relations & Institutional Initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, master’s degree preferred
• Minimum three years progressively responsible experience in grant writing and project development, preferably in healthcare field
• Successful in identifying local, regional and national funding sources
• Proven track record in submitting proposals and securing grant funding
• Experience cultivating and stewarding foundation and government relationships
• Project management experience
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional demeanor in approach and appearance
• Grant-related certification or training desirable
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Includes benefits package.
Since 1964, CHOC Children’s Foundation has been steadfastly committed to providing the highest quality medical care to children. Affiliated with the University of California, Irvine, our regional pediatric healthcare network includes a state-of-the-art 316-bed main hospital facility in the City of Orange, and a hospital-within-a-hospital in Mission Viejo. CHOC also offers many primary and specialty care clinics, more than 100 additional programs and services, a pediatric residency program, and four centers of excellence – The CHOC Children’s Heart, Neuroscience, Orthopedic and Hyundai Cancer Institutes.
To nurture, advance and protect the health and well-being of children. That’s why at CHOC Children’s Hospital in Orange and CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital, we are dedicated to working cooperatively—assisting and enriching existing services as well as developing programs to benefit the families of Orange County. Over two million children across four counties count on CHOC to be here when they need us most—regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
CHOC is the first hospital devoted exclusively to caring for children in Orange County. Since opening its doors, CHOC has led the way in many areas of pediatric health care.
For more information about CHOC Children’s Foundation: www.choc.org
Send cover letter and résumé to (electronic résumés preferred):
NETZEL GRIGSBY ASSOCIATES, INC.
Attention Yvette Herrera
6167 Bristol Parkway, Suite 125
Culver City, CA 90230